Thursday, January 28, 2010

couch sitter.

I learned two lessons early in life, and they have really been conflicting with each other and therefore causing me lots of grief.

1.) When you start something, you don't quit. You follow through, you finish out. When you make a commitment, you have to fulfill what you promise.

2.) Taking care of yourself is the #1 priority. Listen to your body, know when you need to stop. Ballet got me very tuned in to my body's reactions to situations.

But what happens when your body is reacting horribly in a situation, but you've committed to staying? When you're making yourself sick over making that commitment happen?


I'm sorry to anyone who felt like I abandoned them. That's not my intention, at all. But I have to take care of me. It's not selfishness. It's something that the rest of you should be doing too. Job doesn't come first, YOU come first. I was making myself sick working there, each day getting worse. And I learned - that's not worth it.

Yes, now i'm sitting on the couch, watching HGTV and job hunting online, but I haven't cried yet since I moved home. The last time I went more than 3 days without crying was probably back in October. Again - that's not okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment